Friday, September 09, 2005

I've been initiated...

When I arrived at the office this morning, I noticed that my door was locked. Because it is an inner office, I don't normally lock my door so I was somewhat surprised by this. When I unlocked it, I was greeted by 1,000 cups, dixie and solo, full of water on the floor. Accompanying the water was toilet paper and plastic army men scattered about. And, of course, a few signs welcoming me into my new ministry and making mockery in various ways. This is a picture of what things looked like when I opened the door:
My Photo
When I was finally able to get to my computer, internet explorer was opened to google image search for "pranks". Apparently the pranksters got the idea from their search and proceeded to make it happen. They selected this image and make it the background on my desktop. Now to find all the participants and...

We had our last big event for Fall kickoff -- that 2 week period at the beginning of the semester when ministries go nuts with events-- and the last event was a Hoedown at the Hangar. One of the members of our church has a huge farm out in the country complete with his own runway (a grass one) and small airplane hangar. Not too hard to get college students from Tennessee to dress up like rednecks and act crazy. FWIW, to fit the redneck part I wore a "University of Alabama" baseball cap and a Columbia Mule Day t-shirt.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNEW IT WOULD COME OUT SOONER OR LATER...YOU ARE REALLY A CRIMSON TIDER!!!!!!WHERE ARE THOSE PICTURES OF HELEN YOU WERE PLANNING ON POSTING?

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home