Monday, September 12, 2005

I'm glad to see that the Pahl's, the Canadian family who is following in our footsteps by moving to Birmingham, have arrived and are officially blogging their adventure. Welcome to the Brum!

I'm sure my English friends, especially Jon and Mark, participated in this thoroughly English event on Sunday (I hear it was the most exciting thing to do in the UK over the weekend).
Don't all English people love black pudding?









Its always tough when you move to a new place and have to find a barber. I opted for the cheapest in town - $4 - at the Boro Barber School. The catch is that you get your haircut by a student. The girl who cut my hair did a good job.

Here's a fascinating article written by Salmon Rushdie, yes, the Satanic Verses guy, about the need for reform in Islam. He's right.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

The only thing black pudding is good for is throwing. Yorkshire puddings, on the other hand, are the food of heaven The perfect accompaniment to a Roast Beef dinner with lots of gravy.

The most exciting thing to do over the weekend? How about watching England beat Australia in the Ashes?

Salmon Rushdie is a clever dude. I'll have to read that article.


Jon

2:13 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I can attest to the fact that yorkshire pudding with roast beef is heavenly... the Goodacres treated us to it one night and we loved it.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home