Thursday, October 13, 2005

Because it feels like ages since I last blogged anything, I hardly know where to start.

I leave tomorrow with a group of 30 others for Mandeville, Louisiana, where we will help the Tammany Oaks Church of Christ with relief efforts. Monday and Tuesday is the protracted 'fall break' for MTSU and 26 of these people are students taking all of their break to help people they've never met for free. I'm glad to be a part of it. We'll get back late Tuesday night if all goes well.

Mary and I have taken to watching the TV show 24 on DVD of late. We have yet to see the last 2 episodes of 5th season of Alias, so we are Tivoing Alias until we can see those episodes. In the interim, we have watched the first season of 24 and are about 1/6 of theway through the 2nd. The best way to watch a show like that is on DVD, but I warn you -- it is addictive.

FWIW, Mark Goodacre recently pointed out that the new guy on the show Lost, Desmond, played Jesus in the recent "Gospel of John" film, and that Sydney Bristow's dad on Alias was Jesus in "Godspell". That must be why I like them so much. Its like reading the bible or something.

And Mark -- my intern today came in and asked me "what is the synoptic problem?," and then had the audacity to say something to the effect of - "don't we pretty much know that they used 'Q'?" Ouch. But rest assured, he's been given a copy of The Case Against Q. These poor simple ones.

Our fall retreat went well and Dave Morgan, an old Auburn buddy of mine and current counselor at Lipscomb University, did a great job in directing our thoughts. I felt like the weekend was the final step in Mary and I becoming 'part of the group'.

Last Saturday I drove down to Moulton for my dad's 58th birthday party, and then on to Logan Key's wedding in Florence on the campus of the University of North Alabama. I saw Langston for the first time. He was so glad to see me that he wore a tux.

Because I tend to try to keep my eye on the UK, I read this interesting article about the UK's current racial situation here. I wonder if it accurately reflects the state of things there?

I'll be paying my tuition for the year at the U of B tomorrow. They went up 5% again this year, or 200 pounds (to a total of 4400 pounds). Not too bad for them since I won't even use their facilities again. I'll actually be putting pen to paper (or finger to key) later this month.

TTFN

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

The Gospel of John, the film with Henry Ian Cusick as Jesus is fantastic! I hope you get a chance to see it.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home